BK Nook

This is a website of book reviews to help readers decide whether books are right for them.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back From the Beach!!

I just came back from our family reunion which was a fabulous time at the beach filled with many books!! So what is the family reading? I started the trip off with The Devil Wears Prada. I actually read it not too long after it came out, but since the movie comes out this weekend and a girlfriend and I plan on seeing it, I figured rereading it wouldn’t be a bad idea…Plus it’s an excellent beach read!

As for the rest of my family…I was happy to see one of my aunt’s reading one of my summer reading spotlight picks: Sophia Kinsella’s The Undomestic Goddess.

These are what my aunts were recommending and reading:
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haru Murakami, which was described as a book that is bizarre, but keeps you reading…
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
My Life in France by Julia Child
Garlic and Sapphires : The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home