BK Nook

This is a website of book reviews to help readers decide whether books are right for them.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Love Starbucks!

As much as my husband wishes I would tire of Starbucks I don't think I ever will! My husband always wants to rush through the drive through while I'd prefer to go inside and sit and talk. Part of our first date was spent sitting at Starbucks and him teaching me to play chess. Priceless! So why is my husband in trouble? Because I've been reading Pour Your Heart into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz. I picked up the book in the business section of the library and although it is way overdue I just can't part with it until I'm finished with it completely. It's so interesting discovering the reasons Schultz began Starbucks and how the company came to be. His writing flows from story to story and although it deals with business topics, Schultz encourages the reader to apply his principles to everyday life. I'd recommend it to anyone, entrepreneur or not! Beware though...it might just make you love Starbucks even more than you already do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home